This post is organized from MOM website, only for Dependants of Employment Pass holders, based on my case.
* Key facts
- For: Legally married spouse of eligible EP or SP holders.
- Who can apply: An employer or employment agent
- duration: Up to 2 years, tied to the validity of the main work pass.
- renewable? Yes. http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/dependants-pass/renew-a-pass
- Work in SG? Yes. can get a Letter of Consent
- Foreign worker levy or quota: No required.
- Hold an EP or S Pass.
- Earn a minimum fixed monthly salary of $5,000.
- sponsored by an established, Singapore-registered company (usually your employer).
- dependants of EntrePass holders, refer to these requirements.http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/entrepass/passes-for-family
- If your family members are not eligible for a Dependant's Pass, they might qualify for a Long Term Visit Pass. http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/long-term-visit-pass
* Documents required
- Copy of the personal particulars page of the candidate's passport.
- Spouse (legally married): Copy of the marriage certificate
- Dependant's Pass application.
- For documents not in English, submit an English translation and a copy of the original document. The translation can be done by a translation service provider, embassy or notary public.
- Who can apply: Employer or appointed employment agent (EA).
- How to apply: online. For dependants of EP (sponsorship), Personalised EP and EntrePass holders, you will need to apply manually.
- cost: submit the application $60/pass, issue the pass $150/pass
- How long it takes: online 7 working days, manually 5 weeks.
- EP Online - apply online or get the pass issued http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/ep-online
- Check application status https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLUAMT012DisplayAction.do
- Make an appointment http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/make-an-appointment
- Check card delivery status https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLUAMT012DisplayAction.do
* Submit online
- EP Online http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/ep-online
- Check status after 7 working days.
- approved, EP Online, print the in-principle approval (IPA) letter.
* Get pass issued
- When: Within 6 months of in-principle approval
- candidate must be in SG when you ask for the pass to be issued.
- EP Online to make the request, submit the supporting documents
- $150 / pass
- When the pass is issued, print Notification letter.
> allows to travel in and out of SG while waiting for the pass card.
> States if the candidate needs to register to have fingerprints and photo taken.
- information for issuing the pass:
> Candidate’s passport details.
> Details of the candidate’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
> Candidate’s residential address in SG.
> A local address to deliver the card.
> Contact details of recipient to receive an SMS/email alert with delivery details.
- may need to submit PDF of these documents:
> Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card).
> Completed medical examination form or health declaration form.
> Completed declaration form attached with the candidate’s in-principle approval letter.
* Register fingerprints and photo
- When: For EP dependants, within 2 weeks
- notification letter: whether the candidate needs to register fingerprints and photo.
- make an appointment for the candidate to visit MOM http://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices/services/make-an-appointment
- Where to register: Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) http://www.mom.gov.sg/contact-us/locations#Tab-EP
- Timeframe for registration: Within 2 weeks after pass is issued
- bring documents
> Appointment letter
> Notification letter
> Documents listed in IPA letter and notification letter
* Received the card
- When: 4 working days after registration or document verification
- recipients will get an SMS/email with the delivery details at least 1 day before
- After 2 unsuccessful deliveries, you’ll collect the card at relevant MOM centre, 3 working days after the 2nd attempted delivery. No need an appointment.
Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) http://www.mom.gov.sg/contact-us/locations#Tab-EP
- Bring documents
> Candidate’s original passport
> Notification letter
> (If an authorised person is collecting) Authorisation form for card collection at EPSC. http://www.mom.gov.sg/~/media/mom/documents/services-forms/passes/authorisation_form_epsc.pdf
* Return old card
- work pass or long term pass issued by MOM, mail it back to the Work Pass Division, Ministry of Manpower, 18 Havelock Road, Singapore 059764.
- “card return” function in EP Online
- No need to return a Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card) to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)