Hello, everyone! Since transportation is the most difficult part of my trip, i would love to give the latest information about my trip, in case anyone have the same problem as mine, because normally i spend too much time fooling around Internet but find something useless or it is long time ago, as I'm not dare hitchhiking and i don't have so much money, i think this would be useful for someone like me, if possible, i always choose the cheapest way to travel, or you can take it as my record of transportation, this article will update until i finish my trip. :)
update: because of my stupidness, i didn't save money later.
2/17-2/20 (3) Polnad-Krakow, Auschwitz Birkenau German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp
Poland | Krakow to Auschwitz
- Bus: 2/21 Krakow to Auschwitz, 20 PLN.
Poland | Krakow to Warszawa
- Train: 2/21 Krakow Gl. to Warszawa centr., 43PLN.
2/20-2/23 (3) Poland-Warszawa
Poland | Warsaw to Wroclaw
- Train: 2/23 Warszawa centr. to Wroclaw Gl., 59 PLN.
2/23-2/26 (3) Polnad-Wroclaw
Poland to Slovakia | Wroclaw to Bratislava
- Train: 2/26 Wroclaw to Krakow, 41PLN.
- Bus: 2/26 12:00 Krakow to Bratislava, costs 130 PLN, wactur
2/26-3/02 (5) Slovakia-Bratislava
Slovakia to Hungary | Bratislava to Budapest
- Bus: 3/2 11:30 Bratislava to 14:00 Budapest, Nepliget aut, all, Orangways, 5.64eu
3/02-3/08 (7) Hungary-Budapest
Hungary to Romania | Budapest to Bucharest
- Trian: 19:10 Budapest keleti -> 11:47 Bucuresti N, costs 13860 HUF
3/09-3/11 (3) Romania-Bucharest
Romania to Bulgaria | Bucharest to Sofia
- Trian: 19:10 Budapest keleti -> 11:47 Bucuresti N, costs 13860 HUF
3/11-3/14 (3) Bulgaria-Sofia
Bulgaria to Greece | Sofia to Athens
1. Bus: is the only direct way between these 2 cities, no train, just ask in bus station. 3/14 10:30 Sofia to Athens, 94lu, tourist service holding
3/15-3/18 (6) Greece-Athens
Greece to Italy | Athens to Palermo
- airplane: the best way is airplane, as long as you book it early, because there is truly no ferry between Greece and Sicily,
- no airplane way:
- Boat: Patra(city neat Athens) - Bari whit boat, 65eu
- Ryanair Airplane: Bari - Trapani(city near Palermo), 20,39eu
- bus Trapani - Palermo with 1.5 hour, 15eu
3/18-3/23 (6) Italy-Sicily-Licata
Italy to Croatia | Palermo to Dubrovnik
- the airplane is too expensive for me, when i check, it is over 200eu, therefore i stop by Bari by airplane, then took ferry to Dubrovnik.
- Bus: Palermo train station to Palermo airport, 5.8eu
- airplane: Trapani to Bari by Ryanair, 38.59eu. (But i was so lucky that because of the military action in Libya, they change to Palermo airport, which is near to me)
3/23-3/26 (4) Italy-Bari
Italy to Croatia | Bari to Dubrovnik
- Ferry: 3/26 22:00 Bari -> 3/27 07:00 Dubrovnik, Jadrolinija ferry, deck ticket cost 47eu.
3/27-3/29 (4) Croatia-Dubrovnik
Croatia | Dubrovnik to Zagreb
- Dubrovnik old town to bus station: take 1A, 1B
- Bus: timetable from Dubrovnik to Zagreb: 6:00, 7:00, 10:00, 18:00, 21:00, 22:00. Takes 10.5 hours to Zagreb, costs 219Kuna. This bus worths taking, because the view was the best during my trip!! :)
3/30-4/03 (4) Hungary-Budapest
Croatia to Hungary | Zagreb to Budapest
- no bus: trust me, I've asked the staff in Zagreb bus station, even these 2 cities are so close in map.
- only train: costs 33eu
-1. 4:42am(~10:55, this is the best choice, direct train, take around 6 hours)
-2. 5:00am(takes round 9 hours, and need to chance around 4-5 train)
Hungary to Austria | Budapest to Vienna
- Bus: OrangeWays bus is your best choice, and it is cheap and nice, 4/3 9:00-11:50, 12eu
Croatia to Slovenia | Zagreb to Ljubljana (I didn't take this, i just ask)
- Bus: every 11:30am, arrive Ljubljana at 2pm, takes 2.5 hours, in Zagreb bus station.
4/03-4/05 (4) Austria-Vienna
Austria to Slovenia | Vienna to Ljubljana
- Bus: no Bus bwtween these 2 cities, trust me, i ask the staff in bus station also Euroline cancel the route from Wien to Maribor.
- Train: is the only solution, 8:02-14:06, 63.20eu.
4/05-4/07 (3) Slovenia-Ljubljana
Slovenia | Ljubljana to Bled
- Bus: 4/7 16:30, 6.3eu, almost every half hour there is a bus, better choice than train, you will arrive famous lake, just near the bus station. :D
- Train: around 12eu, not so much train to there, and is far from the lake, need take local bus, not recommend.
- Bled bus station to Lesce Bled train station: local bus, 1.3eu.
Slovenia to Switzerland | Ljubljana to Basel
- train: 4/7 20:49-10:27, around 100eu, this is the only way, no any bus connection from Ljubljana to Switzerland. or you can try SparSchiene ticket, only you are really early. http://www.oebb.at/en/Travelling_abroad/SparSchiene/index.jsp
- Lesce Bled to Basel SBB: 4/7 21:35-10:27, please buy direct train ticket in Slovenia, you can get cheaper price than i buy seperate in Switzerland, I'm so stupid. :(
- Jesenice to Buchs SG:56.3eu
- Buchs SG to Basel SBB:54eu
4/08-4/09 (4) Switzerland-Basel
Switzerland to Czech | Basel to Prague
- Train: 4/9 21:07 Basel SBB to 4/10 10:25 Praha, 184CHF. The best way is take bus, but I don’t have time
4/10-4/13 (4) Czech-Praha
Czech to Germany | Prague to Berlin
1. Bus: 4/10, 7:30-12:00, 12.5eu, run by OrangeWays.
4/13-4/16 (4) German-Berlin
Germany to Denmark | Berlin to Copenhagen
1. Bus: 2011/4/16, 9:30-17:00, 40eu, buy in Berlin bus station, run by Berolina and Grahundbus. Recommended, on the way there is a ferry between them, it is really beautiful!
4/16-4/19 (4) Denmark-Copenhagen
Denmark | Copenhagen to Arhus
- Bus: 2011/4/16, 9:30-17:00, 40eu, buy in Berlin bus station, run by Berolina and Grahundbus. Recommended, on the way there is a ferry between them, it is really beautiful!
4/19-4/21 (3) Denmark-Aarhus
Denmark | Arhus to Aalborg
1. Hitchhiking: 4/21 2 cars with Deepak, arrive in 2 hours, faster than bus ;P
4/21-4/24 (4) Denmark-Aalborg
Denmark to Norway | Aalborg to Oslo
- Train: 4/24 8:21 Aalborg to 9:29 Frederikshavn, 99kn. From train station walk to the port is very easy, very near, within 10 minutes.
- Ferry: 10:00 Frederikshavn to 18:30 Oslo, Stena Saga Ship, £29, book http://www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/
4/24-4/27 (4) Norway-Oslo
Norway to Sweden | Oslo to Stockholm
- bus : 4/27 13:00 Oslo to 20:50 Stockholm
4/27-4/30 (5) Sweden-Stockholm
Sweden to Finland | Stockholm to Helsinki
- Airplane: 4/30 10:15 Stockholm,Arlanda,t2 -> 12:10 Helsinki, Norwegian, 54.3eu. This is not the cheapest way, I’m so stupid.
- Ferry is cheaper. Viking Line and Tallink, Silja Line
4/30-5/03 (4) Finland-Helsinki
Finland to Estonia |Helsinki to Tallinn
- Ferry: 5/3 08:00 Helsinki West Terminal -> 11:00 Tallinn Terminal A, 19eu, Eckeroline, https://laevapiletid.ee/
5/03-5/05 (3) Estonia-Tallinn
Estonia to Greece | Tallinn to Athens
- 81.31eu, airBaltic airplane.
-1. 5/05 21:35 Tallinn -> 22:30 Riga /BT364/airBaltic (decide not to take)
-2. 5/06 11:00 Riga -> 14:25 Athens /BT611/airBaltic (Iose chance to take second flight, 2 flight total refound only 8.31eu)
Estonia to Latvian | Tallinn to Riga
- Bus: 5/5 12:45 Tallinn -> 17:00 Riga, lux express, 19.92eu.
Latvian to Greece | Riga to Athens
-1. airBaltic: 5/6 12:25 Riga -> 13:40 Munich
-2. Lufthansa: 5/6 14:45 Munich -> 18:10 Athens
5/06-5/10 (5) Greece-Santorini
-1. HELLENIC SEAWAYS, HIGHSPEED 5, 128eu, http://www.ferries.gr/booking/
-1. 5/6 17:00 PIRAEUS -> 21:50 THIRA (SANTORINI) (miss).
-2. 5/8 17:00 THIRA(SANTORINI) -> 21:45 PIRAEUS (change to 5/9).
-2. 5/6 23:59 Piraeus to 8:00 Thira, F/B Prevelis, 33eu
-1. Easyjet : 5/09 10:20 Athens -> 11:30 Rome FCO T2, 63.49eu. (cancel, but no refound)
-2. Vueling: 5/09 16:15 Rome FCO T3 -> 18:05 BCN, 43.5eu. (cancel, but no refound)
-3. Vueling: 5/10 13:45 Barcelona T1-> 15:25 Vigo, 38.5eu
-4. Vueling: 5/10 03:30 Athens -> 05:35 Barcelona, 138.5eu.
5/11 09:20 VIGO -> 10:25 MADRID IB 573
13:00 Madrid, Barajas , t2 -> 15:40 Amsterdam, Schiphol
20:45 Amsterdam, Schipho l -> 5/12 18:15 Taipei, Taoyuan, t2