1/ how people find your website = find high quality traffic generator
2/ make decision for ad strategy/investment in digital marketing
3/ analyze/compare marketing campaign/channel
1/ channel: possible to customize the default channels in the Channels report and create your own custom channels from scratch
2/ source/medium: identify top-performing source. referral: placed on non-search engine site. ex. Youtube
> customize source/medium appear in CAMPAIGN TAGGING
> What makes a good source?
- check source with highest traffic > but does traffic help you achieve the goal of your site?
- check if highest traffic source, have high bounce rate in COMPARISION >> this source isn't perform well. > filter source: youtube > 2nd dimension: landing page > identify performance of campaign landing page
- e-commerce: to check where generate the most of coversion and purchase?
- Attribute a conversion/sale: AdWords visit -> referral visit -> purchase
> referral visit get credit for the sales
>> important for acqusition report, to tell what is assisiting conversion? closing conversion?
- To see the bounce rate of a specific medium in an Acquisitions report:
> Change the primary dimension in the Channels report to “Medium” and view the Bounce Rate metric
> Change the primary dimension in the Source/Medium report to “Medium” and view the Bounce Rate metric
*Campaign report: shows assigned traffic source
1/ AdWords automatically has a campaign assigned, if enable auto-tagging
2/ Non-AdWord campaign must manually assigned by campaign tagging: utm_campaign parameter
3/ if you have same campaign name, segment by source/medium, or Ad Content(name various ad of campaign) > to decide what kind of campaign drive the most value to the site?
- Nov 01 Sun 2015 04:33